Establishing a Youth Network for The Lancet Standing Commission on Adolescent Health and Wellbeing
We are looking for SIX young health advocates and/or professionals (18-29 years) from diverse backgrounds, to work with us to set up a Youth Network for The Lancet Standing Commission. This expression of interest (EoI) comes with an expectation (funding dependent) that those who setup the Youth Network will also have an ongoing role as a member of the Network.
Please share this EoI with your friends, colleagues and networks. Remember application close 5 PM AEST on Monday 21st AUG 2017.
We are seeking young leaders with experience in one or more of the following:
- Advocacy or communication related to adolescent health and wellbeing.
- Work (paid or voluntary) at a local, national or international level in an area related to adolescent health and wellbeing.
- Work (paid or voluntary) for an organisation that has a national and/or international role in adolescent/youth health and wellbeing.
- Work in a related area of practice (i.e. law, health, journalism, economics, education, research).
We hope that you will bring your own networks of young people, have experience with youth participation and youth leadership and an ability to communicate well in English (spoken and written).
To apply please provide:
- A two-minute video application, on “how you would like to contribute to the Lancet Standing Commission”
- A completed application
- Your curriculum vitae
We expect that the majority of successful applicants will be between 18-24 years, however applicants up to 29 years are also encouraged to apply.
All applicants must have a valid passport with a minimum of 1 year until expiry.
We are particularly interested in the participation of young health advocates and professionals from low and middle income countries (LMIC). For that reason, priority will be given to applicants with origins from LMICs.
PLEASE COMPLETE THE APPLICATION BY 5 PM AEST ON 21st AUG 2017.